Friday, June 17, 2011

And then there were none.

Ok, first thing’s first. Happy birthday to Sawyer Brand, finally among the teens!

Ok, on to business…

I woke up today with an intense feeling of dread. I didn’t want to leave, and I was going to miss everyone and everything like a starving man misses his dog… but I got out of bed, and got ready to go nonetheless. We stopped in SF’s Chinatown, and loaded me up with lots of yummy dim sum deli food (SCORE!!!), and then I was at the airport.

My flight to D.C. was… interesting, to say the least.

I'm walking down to my row, and dreading the inevitable old/smelly/obnoxious person who awaits to be my seatmate, and with me on the window side, there would be no escape of the tales of how AMAZING their respective daughter/dog/sports team was the best, or cutest of most likely to be prom queen (respectively)…

But no! Sitting there is a girl of about my age!!!

In other words, dream come true, for that particular adventure…

So I sit down, and get all prepared for take off, all the while texting mom… and listening to her tell me to talk to her. And I cant muster the courage to. And my inner voice is saying: “you coward, is this how its going to be the whole time?” and then I see my way in! she pulls out a Travel Companion to Spain! Bingo! I have my opening line! “So,” I say, turning on my charms to full, “you’re visiting Spain?” “Yeah,” she responds, and then tells me how she is going with her parents, and then meeting a friend in France or something….

And that’s it. We only exchange 5 more words the whole flight. They are: “You have ‘voted’” oh, thanks” she was playing scrabble against her ipad’s computer. FML

So, the flight isn’t too bad after that, I watch some “How I met your mother” and “big bang theory(score!!!)”

And then I get to the terminal, where I am right now, and the adventure continues!! United Airlines is experiencing a nationwide computer brainfart, and so we are in what they call an “infinite ground stop” which is airline for: “we’re broken, so we get to keep you here foreeeeever (pinkie pie ftw)”

And so: no leaving, no wifi, and I don’t know where im supposed to be, which is Harry for: “FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU”


Well, the wi-fi is back up, so im going to post this and get on facebook...

1 comment:

  1. now technically Sawyer's 14, so now shes OFFICIALLY one of the teens.

    ReplyDelete