Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Feelings as of 10:14pm

Trepidity, awe, fearfulness, anxiety, consternation. These are all synonyms of the main feeling I'm right smackdab in the middle of:

Terror.

It's the only way to describe it. i cant find another word that matches the pit in my stomach, or the feeling of walking through some kind of jam-like substance (YEAH TOAST!).

Today I woke up at 9:15, and then stayed in bed until about 1, not able to get up. Everybody keeps telling me that: "it will be amazing" and "you'll have such a blast!" and even though I know that I will, it still is the most daunting thing I think I've ever done. I'm reminded of a quote from the claymation movie "Chicken Run". The quote is: "You see, flying takes three things: Hard work, perseverance and... hard work." The point meaning it takes twice as much hard work as perseverance.

Not really sure why its coming to mind, but it seemed like the right thing to post...

On account of my mental scattering, I'm just going to talk about memorable portions of my day. I went to my local meditation class, which has just begun it's newest series (Shameless plug is shameless), throughout which my main thought was: "what am I doing (in breath) what am I doing (out breath)" Add in the semi-hyperventilation that accompanies stress, the result isn't a pretty one.

That's all for now, and I'm hoping to find a better way to end these posts... Please give me some ideas!

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, THOUGHT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel that I have to say that Chicken Run is one of the most disturbing childrens movies I have ever seen. Also I hope you feel better! NOW!

    ReplyDelete