Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Grand Kick Off

"Space. The final frontier. These are the-" Wait a sec, that's the wrong intro. Let me find the right one... "In 2108, war was beginning..." No, not that one... Let's try this one? "I had never given much thought to how I would die." OH GOD!!!!! NOT THAT ONE!!

Ah, here it is:

These will be the chronicles of my experiences in the wonderful country of Argentina. I will be leaving in 3 days to go on a month-long study abroad program in the city of Buenos Aires, to study Spanish and the Tango. This is my first blog, and as such will be poorly set up, worded and organized. But we make do.

That said, it's 3 days before my trip, and I am freaking out. Packing is going well enough. I still need things, but I'm working on it. I know the trip is going to be amazing and glorious, but right now all it looks like is just a daunting wall of... something, I don't know... Mom has been showing me lots and LOTS of tango movies, so I can say I know what it's SUPPOSED to look like...

Well, as the think tank drains, this first entry comes to a close...

Not really sure how to end these... I'm up for suggestions...

Anyhoo...

UNTIL NEXT TIME, INTERNET!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Well begun! Can't wait to read about all your adventures. Wait, is your mom reading this? Okay then...to read about SOME of your adventures ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry, I LOVE the name of your blog. So excited for you to have so much fun in Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this. You're hilarious, of course. Glad you'll be chronicling your adventures for the rest of us (at least some of them!...Mia...).

    Oh, and it's Buenos AIRES.

    Lovingly and always,
    Your Mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tango? Bravo! Buenos Aires will be stuck on you.
    ~ Kassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy travels, Harry. Be sure to post lots of self-portraits for Alice, she's going to miss you and will NOT be cool about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to reading this! Can't get there myself, but I can read (and dream).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to dance Tango:

    -go to a Milonga
    -find a woman you want to dance with
    -look her in the eyes
    -put your arms around her
    -take a DEEP breath
    -be really centered
    -slowly move one foot forward, then the other
    -keep everything balanced and rock solid
    -THERE!! YOU CAN DANCE TANGO!

    ReplyDelete