Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just add salsa! (A recipe for disaster)

Today was like a J-curve on the interesting scale.

It started off boring, with school (I'm doing waaaay better with irregular verbs, thanks a million to James Esdaile for showing me what's what), and then I had a salsa class which I had signed up for earlier in the week. Now, I thought the class was being taught at the school, but it wasnt, as I found out. The flyer said that it was on Corrientes about a 7 block trek from the school, no big deal).

So I set out to find it, and it ends up being like 13 blocks farther than I thought, as it was on Corrientes, but farther down than I had ever gone. So I'm walking, cursing myself for not taking the Subte, or a cab, when suddenly I stumble in the middle of a small street. As I take a step to get my balance, I look up and what do you think I see?

Club del Comic. The first card store I set out to find last week. Just sitting there, and giving off the "Should'a tripped last week" vibe. God damn buildings....

So I remember it's location, and head on over to my salsa class.

It's sooo much fun. It's a lot like the cha-cha, but with fewer steps, and it's more defined as a sexy dance, rather than the semi-formality of the cha-cha.

I'm in the beginner lever, and I come out of it knowing more about it than I do that tango...

When it's over, I (and a few others) walk a few other people home, and then we part ways, and I load up on some delicious empanandas from the same place as... last night? 2 nights ago? time flows together here...

So I come back home, have some dinner with the family, and then have a wonderful Skype call with mom and dad.

That was today, and I'm ready to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment