Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 1, in which our hero sleeps away half the day and unpacks.

Buenas Tardes!

I've arrived in BA, and had my very first night.

I'll start off by describing my homestay family and bedroom.

Eugenia and Hugo Fosini are two of the sweetest people I have every met. For example, today at lunch (Hugo made some of the most amazing pasta I've ever had, and told me about Argentine culture, how it's VERY Italian, but the language is Spanish) Hugo toasted me, saying "Welcome home, Harry". I'm just guessing, but I think I'm going to love it here. It's obvious they're really good at homestay kids, as they aren't overly pushy/intrusive at this point. They've given me lots of space, and I'm very grateful for it.

My bedroom isn't very large( neither is the rest of the apartment), but it's nice. There is a desk, a dresser, a bed and a bedside table with a lamp on it. I'd post a picture, but I can't find an angle that captures it well. It opens from a small open air hallway off the kitchen, so I'm assuming I'm near the laundry spot...

Last night there was a MASSIVE thunderstorm here! It was noisy, but not unbearably so it didn't keep me up...

This morning, I unpacked all my stuff, and just as I finished, I got this HUGE wave of homesickness, to the point where I just lay down. Not very fun, but it's given me an excuse to blog, so you be the judge...

That seems to be it for now, if you leave comments on what you want to hear about, I'll try to put them into the next post!

Oh, I'll post pictures when I have them...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Harry : ) I'm glad you like my hometown ^^ Yah, while in argentina you have to try Empanadas, ice cream, and facturas. So delicious! Anyways, I'm glad you finally arrive and don't worry, the homesickness will fade soon. I know how you feel though. Whenever I travel away from home i get homesick. *hug* i really like your blogs by the way ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry,
    I am glad you are settling in and things feel good. I completely understand the feeling of homesick.

    I don't have anything in particular for you to write about, I just enjoy reading all that your write about your experiences.

    Park day will suck without you!

    ~ Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. If all of your posts are as interesting as this one, consider myself a regular reader. You have a talent with words harry. and im not just saying that, i actually read a lot and have a soft side for beautifully written shit.

    -caleb

    ReplyDelete