Saturday, June 25, 2011

Where they like us, cuz we keep comin’ back.

Today was laundry day. I ran out of shirts, which isn’t a good thing, because I have about 2 days before I can pick up my cloths. On the good side of things, it means I have a good excuse to buy local t-shirts!

After I dropped my clothes off at the laundry, I went on an expedition to the comics store “Club del Comic” I knew right where it was on the map, and had passed both crossstreets many times before. But I couldn’t find it! It seems to be my curse. I haven’t found one thing I have set out to find yet!!

So I gave up and went over to Victor’s. the usual crowd was there (Tyler, Nikki, Hannah, Becca, Victor, James, and Tyler’s friend from Tasmania Rebecca) We talked for a bit, and watched the end of the movie “Behind the Blackboard” on tv. After the movie, Tyler, Victor and I ordered steaks from a place that had delivery, and the rest of them went across the street to this vegetarian place that they like.

The steaks came at like 8:50, and I was done at 8:56. As you can probably guess, I was very hungry. Ravenous, you could call it…

Then, at 9:10, we left for Fuerza Bruta. We took the subway, which went smoothly… Then we were at Luna Park. There was a crowd outside, but there was no line at the box office. I got my ticket, and then waited with everybody else.

At 9:30, we went inside, and I almost wet myself. The space was amazing. It was enormous, and the theater tech in me went to town, rating the usage of the space, looking for other technicians, and just gawking at the lighting rig. I must’ve looked pretty funny, because my friends were teasing me about being “such a stagecraft”. Good times. For just a taste of what the space looked like, let me describe it for you. There was a center area with people standing in it (they had purchased more expensive tickets, and were right in the middle of the action). Around that, there were about 35 rows of seats facing inwards, and one side (the side farthest from me) was a large stage type area.

Then the show began.

If I was to sum up my initial thoughts about the beginning, they would go something like this:

LOUD!!!!!!!!!

It was sooooooo loud! There were big taiko drums, and people screaming into microphones, and just so much noise!!

But the show itself is beyond words…

There were people flying around on cables, and a guy running on a conveyor belt, and lots of confetti and so much more and oh my god it was loud!

The show was so incredible, I cant believe it was real.

From a tech standpoint, it was a work of genius. The crew was spot on, and it flowed seamlessly the whole time.

After the show, every one of my friends came up and asked me: “So, pretty awesome stagecraft, huh?”. It was a great night.

After that, I went back to my homestay, and here I am…

That’s all for now, talk to you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah...laundry...the roches...laundromat...The only thing missing is your mom. You are one funny boy!

    ReplyDelete