Monday, June 27, 2011

It takes two...

BIG DAY!! Happy Biseptimanacentennial of the blog!!! 2 weeks baby!!! Did I just make up that word? google seems to thinks so...

Today has been full of surprises.

I wake up at like 10 and leave my room to find someone new in the apartment! He's German, is named Hans, or Franz, or something like that... I'm not stereotyping, he just slurred the name... He's many years older than I am, but I'm not sure how many... He's stayed with the Fosini's before and has near (if not completely) fluent Spanish...

So we say hallo, and then I head off to school... When I get there (at like 1) I find an amusing (but not unforseen) sight. The newbie orientation lunch.

This was good on many levels. Firstly, there were free empanadas on the table (no one was eating them because they were terrible...) Secondly, I got the large couch area to myself to go on the computer and eat a few of the aforementioned foodstuffs, and Thirdly, because I could scope out the new group, and see where peeps are from...

So that was fun... Then it was time for class, which was also fun. It was there that I learned about the various things I would be missing as I had to go to my tango class that night. My friends were going ot go see La Bomba de Tiempo (the Time Bomb). If you don't know what they are, here's a link... So I couldn't go to that. There was also an empananda cooking class held at the school tonight, which I also missed...

After class, I said goodbye to my friends, and walked back to the apartment, picked up my laundry, and then spent an hour on youtube and putting away clothes. Then, at 7, one hour before my class, I leave, and walk to where I thought it was. Now, I've been told 5 different locations all around BA as to the whereabouts of this place, and only one was correct.

So I'm walking around where I think it is, but I cant find it for the life of me. So I walk back to the school (about 3 blocks away from it). Luckily for me, even though the school supposedly closes at 6:30, there are still a few people inside, and I recognize one of my friends who speaks English. I walk in, and tell them my story, and I'm pointed in the right direction.

I find the building easily enough, and it just gets better! the class is very good. I learned 3 steps, and all without either teacher (a younger couple) having to speak a word of English! Now, I'd been told to forget everything I knew about dancing before learning tango, as its so different, but I found that not to be true! I used most of my posture skills, and also leading was sooo much easier!

So, that's coming along nicely... When I get home, I REALLY want to show people hot to tango, it's soooo much fun!!

Two more things: As much as I hate to admit it, I'm really enjoying city life! I never thought I'd say that, but it just feels good!

And lastly, I have my very first piece of bag flair! I purchased a pin with a penguin holding an Argentinian flag for far mor ethat it was worth, but it looked fun, so it's residing on my bag now!

That's everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment