Monday, July 18, 2011

Didn't expect to see you again so... SPOON!

For those of you not aware, that is the second half of a quote from one of the best movies of all time: "Mystery Men"... The first half goes like this: "Red eyes, red eyes, red eyes..."

Anyways, I'm sitting now in Dulles International Airport, and it's around 8am, waiting for my flight.

Argentina's customs services were super easy, and I just FLEW through them...

Now, I've been telling a lot of you that on this round of flying, I'd pull the "Unaccompanied minor" card to try to get bumped up to better seating... So I did. I walked up and said that I was, and the guy then asks me if my parents paid the extra $100 for the service. I said no, and was then told that for that to work, they would've had to pay... Sadface... I thought then maybe if I asked the flight attendats on the plane, maybe i'd have a better shot... But no such luck... I walked up to one, pulled out my passport, and said: "I'm an unaccompanied minor, can I have some better seating?" which was met by the guys I asked laughing, looking at my passport and then telling me that I was, and I quote: "The biggest damn unaccompanied minor I've ever damn seen!", and then they told me the legal age limit for that to work was 16, so that just failed...

Aside from that, the flight was very uneventful, and went by in what seemed like 45 minutes... Sleep is a wonderful thing. I was woken up for a dinner of sorts, and then again for a breakfast (three cheers for yogurt with a spork).

So I get to the US, and am almost instantly reminded of how America works, having to stand through almost 3 TIMES as many customs and such as Argentina...

When that madness (not Sparta) is over, I find my gate, and here I am! I'm about to satisfy my month long Netflix fast by a combination of Dr. Who and Flash Forward. I might get some food, yeah, I'll do that first... I think I passed a smoothie place a ways back... I'll go there...

Well, this is going nowhere, but expect another post around 9 PST...

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment