Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life's full'a change...

I will leave Argentina a changed person.

I never really gave any credit when people said to me that I would, I just figured: "Hey, it's only a month long trip, not training for the Olympics", but I was wrong.

It hit me today, when, after waiting about 25 minutes in the lobby of my tango class, and being told that the school had failed to set up both of my last 2 private lessons, my response was not what I'm used to. Back home, I cant STAND change. It's not the fact of things happening, but I like to know what's gonna happen.

When I had my "adventure" in the airport (almost one month ago, WOW) I felt more calm about not knowing that I think I ever had in my life. I just accepted it that the feces had struck the wind-maker.

And then today, my response was: "It's ok, mistakes happen, that's life." And then I left, and felt pertty good about my day as a whole! I went over what had gone right, and it VASTLY out weighed the negatives that had just happened. Personal first.

So I walked around for a bit, went tie shopping, but my recent episodes in color discouraged me from buying any (mor eon those in a bit), and then went home and had a lovely dinner with Hugo.

So, on to the BEGINNING of my day, for a change. It begins as they usually do, with me getting up, showering, having breakfast, brushing teeth, and walking ~20 minutes to school. I get there, and nothing unusual happens, aside from the ENTIRE class (myself excluded) being like 20 munites later than usual, so I a pretty amazing private lesson from Juliana, until others show up.

I did pretty well in school, but for some reason, I cant read Spanish very quickly. In my head or out loud, it makes no difference, and I can tell the others in my class are... not frustrated with it, but I can tell they wish I could go a bit faster, but I'm not letting it get to me, as it's the speed I go.

After that, I went out to one of the local "Havana" cafe's with Regina (person in my class) and sh got a coffee, and I got some cookies, which are so sweet, I can feel my teeth screaming... In other words, amazing...

When we got back to school, I saw that I had about 2 hours left before my tango class, so i decided to go shoe shopping, as mine had been pretty worn out by all the dancing I've done in then since their purchase in December.

At my last tango lesson, I was given a flyer by my teacher for a place called TANGO 8, so I set out for one of the 3 locations. Now, if you've been following this blog even halfheartedly, you'll know my record for finding things here. Now, this time it was different, as I had NO idea where to look, but I had an address. So I went to one person who I KNEW would know where to find it.

I got a taxi.

When I arrived, I was ushered in by te shopkeeper, and after explaining in my broken Spanish that I only knew broken Spanish, I discovered that he spoke English VERY well, and we hit it off nicely. As it turns out, I have big feet. Crazy, I know, but I'm a 47E (European) and the biggest he had in stock was a 45. but he gives me a better flyer, which has more than one store on it, and wishes me luck in finding the right shoes.

So I get ANOTHER taxi, and go to the next store, wchice is closer than the first one I tried. If I get to do this all over again, Groundhog Day style, I'm going there first...

So I get there, and i'm just barely in luck, as it's the biggest shoe they have, and there's only one pair left. So, after finding out hey only take cash, and then running to the bank to get some, and paying and all that, I walk out with a brand spankin' new pair of Argentinian Tango Dancin' Shoes!

Good day, in my book.

So, knowing where I am, I walk over to the Tango lesson, and even though I took my time to get there, I still got there more or less at 7, when It was supposed to start.

(See the beginning of this post to know how it went)

And here I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment