Monday, July 11, 2011

I don't wanna work (I want to bang on my drum all day)

Today I was hit with a time bomb. THE time bomb, to be exact, but more on that later.

Today started with me waking up a full hour earlier, just to lay n bed for an extra hour drowsing. I have been getting REALLY sleepy in class lately, so I decided to give myself extra wake up time...

Long story short, it worked, and I'm doing well again.

After class, a group of friends were going to go to one of the best Cafe chains "Havanna", to get some coffee, and I wanted to get some alfahoras, just to try them, but I had to decline, as my cousin Linda was in town, visiting from Florida. Fun coincidence!

So we met up after class, and had an early dinner. SHe speaks little to no Spanish, so it was left to me to order, and ask for directions... Surprisingly, we did quite well.

Afterwards, instead of going to the group tango lesson, we went to Konex (Music venue) to see LA BOMBA DE TIEMPO, a drum group from BA comprised of what I'm told are some of the best musicians in the city.

FREAKING AMAZING.

There were about 15 guys up on stage in a semi circle, each one with a different type of drum, or like percussion instrument. In the center, the "conductor" stood, and made the magic happen.

He would make hand signals at the performers, and they would change beats, cut out, and ater the flow of the best without, well, missing a beat! It was beautiful, it was loud, and it was amazing. Bad news is it was a bit much for Linda, and she went home about halfway, but she said she enjoyed what she saw...

Anyways, I bought a Cd and T-shirt, and took a video of one of their songs, which will go up on Youtube when I get a chance...

After that, my friends who were also there and myself went out for a bit of a snack, then walked back to the apartment, and talked for about an hour, then I lef to go home, and here I am!

Quite a day, and my ears STILL haven't stopped ringing...

No comments:

Post a Comment