Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wish you were here

Today has been a disappointing mess.

It started off with me sleeping through my alarm, and then rushing to get out to class on time (I still got there before everyone, but you never know), followed by being so tired in class that I nearly fell asleep TWICE! as some of you already read, I was so exhausted that at one point I was just mumbling the word "magnets" over and over, without thinking about it...

After class, I decided not to go to my tango lesson, on account of how little i learned last week on wednesday, and also the fact that the school was having another lesson for beginners at another place, and a bunch of my friends were going to it.

So I walk back towards my homestay, to pick up my laundry, with one of the girls that Victor and I went sightseeing with last night.

When I get back to the house, I make a snap judgement, and tell her to go ahead without me, as It might be a few minutes, and we were running late anyways. She tells me the address of the lesson place, and then departs. My first mistake was letting her leave.

The night kinda spiraled down after that. I put away my clothes, and then scurried down to try to meet up with her on the road. I have a good idea of where the place is, so I head off in that direction.

No luck. It's become my theme of the trip... I can't find ANYTHING.

I walk to the place where I think it is (45 minutes) and by that time the class is halfway over. So I try REALLY hard to find it, but still no luck. I look for people to ask where it is, but the neighborhood is very sketchy, and I don't want to look like a tourist. So I continue looking, going as far a 5 blocks away, but still nothing.

So (with more self damnation and inner hatred that I've had in MONTHS) I turn around and start to head back home.

Now, while I thought I knew where I was, it turns out i had gotten off the map, and so I just wandered around Palermo for about 2 hours, while I tried to figure out where I was. I didnt have my local phone with me, and I was contemplating using my Iphone minutes to call someone, but then I figured out where I was, and headed back.

THAT trip took almost an hour as well.

Long story short, I was miserable, cold and VERY hungry when I got home tonight.

And so, with no hope of anything happening tonight, I'm sending this post out an unheard-of 5 hours ahead of usual.

Then end.

P.S., The amazing idea from yesterday? It's this: You know how there is that edible gold leaf used for cakes and such? Fry bacon, and cover it with gold. Then, either eat the bacon and feel like a king (Midas much?), or sell it for HUGE profit!!! That's it...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry today was such a bummer. Just remember what Mr. Slinger said to Lily: "Today was a difficult day. Tomorrow will be better." It will...Hope you got something to eat...and maybe tomorrow will be a good day to find a place to buy a fleece layer?

    ReplyDelete