Saturday, July 16, 2011

In which our vampiric hero has his last full day.

Today, I set out early (2:30p) to get a gift for my dear mother, who has kept me going, and helped me through the toughest times, but here, and home. I went to the BsAs yarn district, which thankfully was about 20 blocks away, so not too far...

Before I went, I checked the internet, and wrote down all of the addresses for stores I could find. There are quite a few in the area, so I figured if I couldn't find one, there'd be another one a little ways off. I didn't want to get a tax, as it was my first time walking around the city in a week or so in the daytime, and I wanted to get some Vitamin D.

That was my first mistake. As soon as I get outside, I feel how Dracula must feel when he goes outside. It hurt my eyes, it was really hot, and I didn't have a very nice walk because of it. It was relaxing to walk for so long, but it wasn't very comfortable...

When I get to the right block of addresses, I get very exited, as right in front of me there is tis HUGE shop window with this amazing work of art made from stacking balls of yarn on top of each other... Very cool. So I cross the street to it, but to my dismay, the doors are locked.

"Okay, Don't panic" I think to myself, fumbling around for my pocket sized Shamwow! I keep for just such an occasion "you have your towel."

I walk around to some of the other stores in the district, but alas, none are open. So I hang my head in shame and, tail between my legs, walk home again.

By the time I get back, I'm very hungry, so I have a few empanadas from the store next to the homestay, and go up. When I get there, Hugo and I watch the game on TV... And then some of Hugo and Susy's friends from Inglaterra stop by and have dinner with us. Very nice people.

And after that I read, and freaked out about not having a boarding pass, and got calmed down, and read...

And here I am, signing off my last night in Buenos Aires...

No comments:

Post a Comment