Monday, July 4, 2011

The Emperor's New Clothes

Today I went to school (new class, level A2 baby!! Class is from 1-5 now, instead of 2-6) My class is now comprised of mostly Americans, as we now are 2 from Cali, 2 from Florida, one from Texas, and one girl from Korea.

Class was fun, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much Spanish I knew.

After class, I showed a few people where to get a cell phone (I know my way around so well :D) and then walked back to the Homestay, and collected my laundry, and made my next move on getting a jacket. There's a huge mall pretty close to me (Thanks to Joanne White for providing addresses), so after I dropped off my laundry I walked over there. While I was there, I figured I would also get a scarf (really regretting not having one, on account of how awesome I'd look), and a few shirts.

Nope.

I get to the mall, and look around, and there are TONS of winter coats, jackets, you name it! Only one small (or not, as it were) problem. My size and build place all reasonable jackets at over $2900 AR, far exceeding my $1840 AR limit on cash right now.

So that didn't happen, thus the post title.

So I went to my tango class, which was awesome, as I wasnt the worst one there (just an observation). What really irks me is that there was this woman who had never danced tango (if anything) before, she told me so herself, but she was convinced that: just because she thought she knew what she was doing, all of the experianced people were wrong. She backled incorrectly, moved limbs about to incorrect places, and generally made me wish for a different partner.

So I got one, and I had an absolutely smashing time.

After class was done, I walked over to Victors, to go out with him and some other people to get dinner, but we just ended up going to a bar, and so I didn't eat anything.

At around 12, I got super tired, excused myself, and walked home. Good news is that the cold woke me up, for a time, bad news is that I dont have a scarf to look awesome in...

To all of my US readers: happy Fourth of July! And to the rest of you: talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment